Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Powerbilt Air Force One N7 driver review

from bunkersparadise.com

Well boys, here's a surprise review for you. 

Today I received the Powerbilt Air Force One N7 driver.  I gotta tell you, when I was asked to try this out I didn't expect much.  Powerbilt isn't really a name that I was familiar with.  The head is filled with nitrogen?  That is weird, huh?  Maybe awesome?  Stay tuned...

Well the driver arrived today and what a pleasant surprise.  Powerbilt has made a driver that in my opinion holds it's own with any other OEMs.

The head is 460cc I think but it really doesn't look it.  The design reminds me of a cross between Titleist and Adams...with a black semi-matte finish.  I'm honestly blown away by how good this driver looks.  As I mentioned, I didn't know what to expect but I do know that I didn't expect this level of quality. 

Really, the only weak points I have found so far are the stock grip (not Nike bad...but not great) and the headcover.  The headcover is certainly functional, but it could use a handle or gripper or something to remove the cover with.  Also, the sock portion of the cover feels...cheap.  Thin is maybe the best description.  It looks good, though. 

This driver was equipped with a Motore F3 shaft.  It pairs nicely with the head, I think.  It's a little whip pier than I expected but perhaps that is due to the driver length, which I am guessing is around 45.5". 

So now the good stuff.  How does it perform?  I took it to the range tonight for a quick bucket.

The driver feels solid.  Similar to Titleist, in my opinion. 

It sounds slightly tinny.  Not like a G25, but it's not a "thwack" either.  I am really not sure what to compare the sound to.  While I say tinny, it is not displeasing in the least.  It sounds hot. 

The flight is a strong mid/high.  Long?  Yes, it's pretty dang long.  Hard to gauge on the range I go to but it certainly competed with the SLDR.  The Air Force One seems to be more of a mid-spin driver than my current gamer.  It really seems to perform similarly to the G25, but I have to say I like it more than that club...and I really liked the G25. 


Once I have more time with it I will update the thread.  Initial impressions are great and this is a driver that  while may not be from a household name, it is a club that I would happily put in my bag as a gamer any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment